Cheap mini-mini interconnect at a store
Jul 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

backwardsname

Head-Fier
Are there any cheap mini-mini interconnects out there that I can pick up at a physical store? I've already been waiting a while for my ES7s to ship and I'd prefer not to wait another whole shipping cycle to get the interconnect if I can avoid it.

I'm looking for something that's 2ft or longer, and $15 or under, unless absolutely everything at that price-point is crap, in which case maybe I'll suck it up, move my source closer, and wait for something to ship from amazon again. I'd really prefer not to, though, if I can avoid it.

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 6
Try radioshack for cheap stuff....
normal_smile .gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by applegd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try radioshack for cheap stuff....
normal_smile .gif

Well, yeah, but will it ruin my sound quality?

I was curious if there's something that will be relatively unnoticeable for a newbie with a pair of ES7s connecting to his desktop computer (i.e., it's not like I'm listening on HD650s with an expensive DAC and amp).

Is there anything I should look for, if not a brand name? Certain types of connectors, certain materials, whatever?

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 6
If you have a Fry's nearby, they have a 3 foot mini to mini for $1.99... decent quality for the money. Just hanging on a hook in very plain package.

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have a Fry's nearby, they have a 3 foot mini to mini for $1.99... decent quality for the money. Just hanging on a hook in very plain package.

Yeah, I think there is one nearby, and I need to pick up a new internal HDD anyway, so I could pick that up while I'm there.

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 6
Fry's keeps their audio cables in two different locations in the store (Palo Alto)... These are in the section where they sell all the audio/video cables, speaker wire, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back