Cheap media remote?
Apr 11, 2008 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JamesL

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anybody know of any cheap wireless remotes that'll let me skip, play, and pause without software/drivers of any kind? Volume up/down would be nice too.

I've found a couple, but they're all overpriced full-featured remotes for media center and such...

I just want to listen from the couch/bed without getting up to shuffle through my songs.

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks! I think I'll pick up one of those targus presenters.

My wired keyboard actually does this without drivers, but it's well.. Not really optimal carrying around a entire keyboard just to use the multimedia buttons.
and so does my wireless mouse(but only if I re-program the extra buttons.

Apr 12, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 7
There are also programmable 'all-in-one' remote controls starting from ~$10. I'm not sure if you can copy (learn) the functions from your wireless keyboards' MM buttons into these but if that is possible then you don't need that additional dongle which comes w/ the one you're thinking of.

jiitee

Apr 12, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 7
The StreamZap is definitely a good value at $30. It can control well over 100 software programs, inlcuding the most popular media players. I would highly recommend this as a comprehensive solution to those of us who use their computers as a source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back