Cheap LOD?
Mar 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #16 of 18
I have owned a few LOD's and have noticed some clarity differences, though very minor, in the cables I've owned.  I have busted the bank with an ALO super pipe and used an inexpensive silver cable LOD I purchased off of ebay, and I use a .5 meter LOD I ordered from Trends Audio with my IPad if my battery is low on my Ipod.  And really, I don't think the focus should be the LOD.  If I were you I would upgrade from the FIO to a trends audio LOD for $30 plush shipping or set the high bar between $50-$65 bucks with either a Qables or Moon-Audio LOD.  Moon Audio makes some great LOD's for a lot less money than their competitors.  And I love Drew's work.  I had him recable some headphones and am super impressed. 

But where I was going is to say the more significant quality difference will come from investing in a great amp, I like the TTVJ Slim and the ALO RX MKII a lot, and put money into headphones.  Though I understand the need to tinker and do it myself a lot.

Mar 3, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #17 of 18
Thank you for your input. I guess, since my current FiiO LOD is copper, it would be best to invest in a silver type LOD? 

I will look into it more thorough once I have decided what AMP to get. I currently have SE535 with the Baldur MKII, but the AMP choices have really stumped me.

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
Hi guys,
I currently have a FiiO L9, do you think it is worth upgrading to a silver LOD? Is the sound quality difference worth paying premium?

Cheers,
Joe

Joeuen its a real touchy subject and subjective at that. I found it worth it but the sound difference is subtle and not a night and day difference. If a noticeable difference though IMO and worth the upgrade. I got my cable from seller Zeroshoe on ebay. You can haggle him down a bit on the price as well. Also the durability and build quality alone is worth the premium. Hope this helps you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back