Cheap LOD for iPhone 3G.
May 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Ad1tya

New Head-Fier
May 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 18
Try some of the Head-fi DIYers here. I've had my Touch 1st gen LOD done by one of the members here and am very pleased with the quality. Most here are very capable/experienced makers and you can deal with them with more confidence compared to the ebay sellers (unless it's the account of the members here or something like that
tongue.gif
)

May 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 18
yeah sorry... I just realised that now... I only wanted my line out to go to my headphone amp, so I just got an extra cable to hook it up.

There are other docks there but they're sold out...

May 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try some of the Head-fi DIYers here. I've had my Touch 1st gen LOD done by one of the members here and am very pleased with the quality. Most here are very capable/experienced makers and you can deal with them with more confidence compared to the ebay sellers (unless it's the account of the members here or something like that
tongue.gif
)

Wouldn't mind a DIY job.
If anyone who can make em PM me?

But again, is it better for me to use a cheap LOD vs. the 3.5mm jack?

May 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 18
Yes mate, even a cheap LOD will have a better sound 3.5mm jack.

xx

May 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #9 of 18
May 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is an excellent eBay seller with Excellent feedback, very good prices & quality products -- quite a few people gere on head-fi have purchased from him and I've never read a negative comment.

I myself bought an iPod (not iPhone) LOD a few months a go.

IPHONE LINE OUT DOCK WITH CABLE & PLUG (BLACK COLOR) - eBay (item 290315772926 end time May-14-09 18:29:31 PDT)

IPHONE LINE OUT DOCK WITH CABLE & PLUG - GOLD DRAGON - eBay (item 290315772922 end time May-14-09 18:29:29 PDT)

Thanks for those two links
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm wondering though, how long is the actual cable? In the product description, it only says the length of the entire thing.

May 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for those two links
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm wondering though, how long is the actual cable? In the product description, it only says the length of the entire thing.

I'd say probably about 7 cm

May 12, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #12 of 18
^^ BTW, the LOD I had --have already sold it -- looked like the photo on the first link, and what I liked a lot about it was the flexibility. I'd purchased 2 other LOD cables elsewhere but, for me, none were as flexible and ideal for my iPod Classic & Mustang

May 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ BTW, the LOD I had --have already sold it -- looked like the photo on the first link, and what I liked a lot about it was the flexibility. I'd purchased 2 other LOD cables elsewhere but, for me, none were as flexible and ideal for my iPod Classic & Mustang

Is it durable, that thin wire one?

May 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it durable, that thin wire one?

I only used it very little as I sold it and the P-51 Mustang because I decided to go ampless, but it looked VERY well made and durable, not like other thicker ones for obvious reasons, but looked pretty good to me. If I'd kept one out of the three, the flexible one would've been it.

EDIT: The positive comments I've read here are from people who've had it longer than me.

May 12, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #15 of 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back