Cheap isolation shootout
Feb 23, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #5 of 18
I too wonder this.
confused.gif
basshead.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
that seems to be the concensus dig. the only reason i posted this question is that i found your seemingly neutral review on mysticriver when both of the buds were the same price. (link)

the pansonic are not bad per se. but i prefer the md33 over the panasonic, because the md33 sounds smoother. the panasonic gives me that edgy and un-refined feel as compared to the md33. if you are listening to heavy rock music, panasonic might be better. but overall, md33 is better (with the mod) for all kinds of music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #9 of 18
hows the isolation in the eggos(d66)?
do they leak a lot of sound at medium and high volumes?
im confused here .. lot of ppl think those r closed and mod them to make it open .. rnt they already open type ?
how bad r they compared to the 590 in terms of leakage and isolation

Feb 23, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #12 of 18
there are two mods.
The first, pioneered by DigDub, consists of carefully pulling out the screen and filling the space behind with either a shure e2c waxguard or the spongy foam that comes on regular earbud pieces which many of us had lying around.
The second consists of just stretching that spongy foam over the grill and replacing the earpiece thus creating a second barrier.
The first results in a more dramatic change but is slightly riskier.

Feb 24, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 18
The Panasonics are $16.48 at Buy.com. Add about 10 bucks more of qualified products and you get free shipping. I think, if the sound isn't that much different, and yet the Panasonics are $30 cheaper than the MD33's, it has a better quality-price ratio. Personally I think the HJE50's are great but I'd love to try the MD33's out. I know for sure the HJE50's beat out the Sony EX51/71's. I just hate buying headphones out without trying them first. Reviews are very helpful but in the end they're still so subjective.

Feb 25, 2005 at 9:41 AM Post #14 of 18
I have the SHarp MD33 and panasonic in ear bud.. i still prefer the panasonic because of the punchy bass and detail i hear from it.. The MD 33 exhibit a metallical sound which i dun like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back