Cheap Ipod LOD, anyone tried this?
Jan 28, 2010 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

derek800

500+ Head-Fier
This is the cheapest ipod LOD that I've seen so far. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it. I recently bought a Fiio E5 portable amp and a Bravo hybrid tube amp and I use either my ipod touch or ipod video for my source, and wanted to try using a lod. I came across this last night and figured why not, and ordered it. Even if it isn't great it was less than $4 shipped, and I already have several cords to connect to it. I just am not sure how much of a difference I will hear using the line out compared to the headphone out, so I didn't want to spend a lot on something.

DealExtreme: $3.65 3.5mm AV Adapter for All iPod/iPhone 2G/3G (Black)

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Looks good. I am not sure if it's compatible with the Touch 2g/3g or Nano 5g. Could always pop it open and add a resistor if need be I guess.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocko1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good. I am not sure if it's compatible with the Touch 2g/3g or Nano 5g. Could always pop it open and add a resistor if need be I guess.

I read a review on it where someone said that they used it with the ipod touch 2nd generation and they said that it worked fine but a message would come up when it was plugged in, saying that its not compatible with this device. I will most likely use it with my 5th generation Ipod video more often because its a 30 gig compared to my 8 gig touch. I figured why not try it, it's so cheap and if it works great, if not, I didn't break the bank.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 5
I've been wondering about this, how could Apple render the old LODs incompatible and still stay within the original dock connector spec?

Feb 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 5
Just an update to anyone interested in a cheap LOD, I just received this today and it's great for the price. The build quality seems really good and it gives a noticeable sound improvement over using the headphone out. If you are looking for a LOD but don't want to spend a lot of money on it, you can't go wrong for the price. Also it works fine with my Ipod Touch 2g, it has a message come up every once and a while that says "this device is not supported" but it does work and sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back