Cheap In-Ear Recommendations <40$
Apr 20, 2008 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

koconder

New Head-Fier
I have great recomendations in this forum, would love to hear your thoughts on finding a dead cheap (<$40) ill be buying a few for a mico-budget film project. There will be two boom operators with shotgun mic's (ME66's) and two condenser mics hooked into a digidesign 002 on the set.

The headphones will be driven via a samson headphone amp any will give a good drive. I've seen a few import good on this forum really nice stuff used for portable rigs.

Would like to hear your sugestions, and will make an interesting read for all forum members. tnx
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #2 of 3
^bump

Apr 21, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 3
I know you not going to want to hear this...but here it goes..

Really, honestly, you are better off saving some more money for some IEMs. Reason being, at least to me, you want the best possible sound when its directly inside your ear.

I had the Sony EX70s back in the day and thought they were the cats pajamas. After picking up some KSC75s (i know, not IEMs) i wondered to myself, how much better can a IEM sound. Then tried the Shure E2s...now compared to the EX70s the E2 spanks it in every possibly way. The bass isnt bloated and it doesnt boom into your head...the highs were details, mids were ok...maybe slight roll off from mid to bass.

Then after a few months with the E2, i craved more detail...i then picked up the E4s and was in heaven every since. EXTREMELY well detailed, clean and crisp mids...maybe a tad bass shy, but a EQ adjustment can fix that.

Overall...like i said....40$ isnt alot for a pair of IEMs. Im sure you want quality and it would be a waste to spend that on something like the JVC marshmellows.

If you HAVE to have something now and cant wait for some more money, then...

CX300, maybe CX400 for about 50$

I saw a pair of IM716 without the pod for sale in the forums for like 50$ also.

Might also be able to find a used pair of Shure E2s for around 50$.

However, you know how i feel about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back