Cheap IEM's
Mar 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 17
Try a set of Soundmagic PL 30's. I have two of them and like them alot.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you listen mostly to? Opera? Rock? Rap? Audio books?

I mostly listen to rock, and the occasional techno/trance. Ty for the suggestion AVJ I will look at those.

Mar 8, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #6 of 17
I have a couple of JVC Marshmallows HA-FX34. Different colors since my iPods have cases and what not. After a couple of hours they're alright and they don't cost a fortune. I think they were $20 or so at Walmart. They seal in nicely and have a good amount of bass. The highs are there also. Kind of U shaped really.

But for ****s and giggles, they're pretty good for the price.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 17
Ty for the suggestions you guys, but after searching around I came across a store close to my house where I can pick up the Nuforces for a reasonable price. Now to decide between the Ne-7 and the Ne-8.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #12 of 17
Out of the cheaper iem's/earbuds that I've actually owned/heard, I'd say the nuforce ne7m at the top of the list in the ~50 category. Then I'd put the yuin pk3 then soundmagic pl30 followed by the kramer modded marshmallows. The nuforce sounded pretty full and just overall enjoyable to me. I bought them for my girlfriend to go with her iphone and she absolutely loves them.

I recently lost my yuin pk3, but I really enjoyed them when I had them. Their sound reminded me alot of a ksc75, just in earbud form instead of earclips.

The Soundmagic pl-30 kind of remind me of a poor man's super.fi 5 pro. I thought the bass was pretty solid when I had the right fit, and the mids were alright (somewhat recessed like the sf5pro), and the highs were fine (although a bit grainy on certain recordings). I know those statements don't really make the pl30s sound very attractive, but I think they are a great bang for your buck type iem @ the $25 price point.

My jvc marshmallows were my gateway iems from the head-fi forums. They aren't bad, definitely an upgrade over stock buds, but they are very very bass heavy. Even with the kramer mod done, they still are very bass heavy to my ears. The mids are pretty recessed, and the highs aren't too bad. The knock that I have against the marshmallows is that no matter how much or little foam I add inside the sound tube, the overall sound of the marshmallows just seems too synthetic to me. It just doesn't sound natural like my other headphones/iems/earphones. The bass hits very hard, but everything else seems very digital to me.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #13 of 17
Mar 8, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cheapest price from Canada, for the Sennheiser CX500, is in the link below:

CX500-T Sennheiser In-Ear / EarBud High Quality Noise Isolating Ear Phones - Titanium - at TechDepotCanada.Com - Canada's Electronics & Accessories Superstore

Futureshop, will match the price and deduct 10% off the difference from the cheaper price. Bringing the price below 75$ CAD.

Well I just bought the Ne-7m for $73 CDN all together. How does the cx500 compare to the Nuforce?

Mar 9, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #15 of 17
I never tried Nuforce so I would not know. All I know is that the CX500 has improved quality bass over CX300 that does not interfere with the mids and highs as much as CX300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back