Cheap IEMs (Yes yet another help thread)
Apr 12, 2010 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Arguggi

Head-Fier
I was talking with my friend today and I found out that he is still using iBuds and that they "don't sound THAT bad", after laughing a bit I told him that I would have bought him some decent IEMs, so here I am for help
bigsmile_face.gif

They

- Should be cheap (he doesn't won't to spend a lot, under 35 $)
- He listens to Dance/Techno/Trance (Tiesto is one of his favourites)
- I live in Italy so it should be possible to have them shipped here
- They should be comfortable since it's his first pair of IEMs

Any ideas?

Thanks
atsmile.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Radiopaq Jazz if you can find them

Meelectronics M6 if you cant

Radio paq Jazz are available in the UK at about 27 GBP and shipped to Italy they cost more than 50 USD, too much.

Meelectronics M6 shipped to Italy are about 36 USD, even though it's the old version but since |joker| says:

Quote:

Techno/Trance and Electronica listeners need not look any further

I think I will buy these ones.

Between the 2 versions sound doesn't change right? Are they comfortable?

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 7
The Meelecs take some getting used to for someone who's never used IEMs before but they are quite secure and comfortable in the long run. I just don't like the cable on the old ones.

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 7
Did the cables on the M6 changed? It was ridiculously impossible for me to get those in my ears and I didn't want to cut off the memory wire thing so I sold those pretty fast.

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #6 of 7
Well actually there's three versions now. I believe the OP is talking about the very first one with the black cabling, which Meelec is clearing out for <$30. Meelec later switched to the thicker, softer, and more flexible clear cables w/the L-plug, which is the version most reviews are based on. And just a few weeks ago Meelec updated them again, keeping the clear cable but replacing the thick copper memory wire with a much more flexible stainless steel one that also won't oxidize.

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 7
Does any know more or less how long I'm going to have to wait for them to be delivered to italy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back