Cheap IEMs under $20
Feb 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dba415

New Head-Fier
My current pair of IEMs (meelectronics M11+) is broken sound only comes out of one earbud. I spent $50 on them and while they were excellent they in the end couldn't handle the wear and tear of my life (wearing it to campus, putting it in and out of my pocket etc) and I only had them for a year. Additionally, now that I recently got a good pair of full-sized headphones for listening at home I really don't need that much sound quality, just decent SQ but cheap and durable so I don't have to worry about abusing them in my life. 

This is why I am looking at some cheap buds that I don't have to worry about. I'm looking for strong bass as I listen to a lot of hip hop but obviously I want the best sound quality I can get for my price range.

Any suggestions?

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 8
Try M6's you'd be surprised how close they are to M11+'s. Otherwise, some other ones worth considering - JVC Marshmallows, Philips SHE 3580 (a favorite around here), Monoprice 8320 (though I'm not sure they fit your tastes), and MEElectronics M9's. Possibly Soundmagic PL11's.

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 8
I absolutely LOVE my M6s so far.  

14 bucks is a total steal, IMO.  They are comfortable, and sound great for the genres I listen to.  I cant comment on the actual build quality though, as I have only had them for a month or so.  I was pretty damn surprised at the sound they put out

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #5 of 8
I thought it ended yesterday? No? Well they're still a really good deal either way, full price or not.

Quote:
MEE website has buy 1 get 1 free, only for M-series, so if you are keen on another M series you can use that offer

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 8
...That's a really good deal then. ._. I got my M9 (no P) for $12 on Amazon, and I thought THAT was a good deal. wow...

Quote:
It was a B2G1 today, not really worth it.

You can get a pair of M9P right now for $10 at newegg.

You can also see if you still have warranty on them.

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #8 of 8
It's actually $10 on Amazon as well, the old version but it doesn't matter to me. I actually had the M9s but lost it which is when I got the M11s, I was pretty happy with the M9s and am stoked that they were this cheap so I ordered them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back