cheap IEMS <50)
Mar 8, 2010 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

NDS

Head-Fier
The right channel of my E4c just stopped working and I realize that I either kill my IEMs or i don't buy quality products. I Went through a set of im716s and now this within a life span of about 1.5 years for each, so i'm looking to get something cheap now.

I don't want to downgrade too much but I may be willing if the price is right. I'm looking at the RE2 for 30 bucks, OVC TC20 for 20, or pl30s. What are some comments regarding SQ, and durability of these guys? Are there any earphones that have a huge bang for the buck that i'm missing out at? would these be a tremendous downgrade from my im716s/e4s?

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 12
Well, only get the PR100 if you don't mind losing all of that sweet, sweet isolation. The PR100 is ported, meaning it has openings unlike the shures and im716. The PR100 isolation shouldn't be all that bad, but don't expect anything close to the magic of the shures. (I miss it too
tongue.gif
).

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 12
how is the SQ of the pr100? is it possible that it's a FOTM? i haven't been looking at IEMs for a while and after not being able to find the pr100 at first google i thought you guys were messing with me.

I'm actually leaning towards the re2s since in past reviews they're placed a touch above the im716s, but the construction of the pr100s is very attractive.

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 12
Oh it's definitely an FOTM, the question is whether it deserves it. From what I've read they're good relaxation phones with an emphasis on balance. The sound quality must not be too bad to impress some of the reviewers, but remember the price and don't set your hopes too high. And yeah, the build quality of these sub $50 IEMs is looking better than some of the "top-tier" ones.

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 12
If build quality is a worry, most everything from the meelectronics line is built very well for their pricepoints.

Mar 8, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh it's definitely an FOTM, the question is whether it deserves it. From what I've read they're good relaxation phones with an emphasis on balance. The sound quality must not be too bad to impress some of the reviewers, but remember the price and don't set your hopes too high. And yeah, the build quality of these sub $50 IEMs is looking better than some of the "top-tier" ones.

How can the PR100 be a FOTM when only one person (joker) has only very recently (yesterday?) given impressions about them??
If you're talking about pr1pro they are discontinued and then maybe "Flavor of Past Months" but they've had nothing but unanimous praise (for their price at least), overwhelmingly positive feedback from every single person that has got them. At 40$ there is absolutely no doubt that their praise was well deserved even though they can't be perfect.

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can the PR100 be a FOTM when only one person (joker) has only very recently (yesterday?) given impressions about them??
If you're talking about pr1pro they are discontinued and then maybe "Flavor of Past Months" but they've had nothing but unanimous praise (for their price at least), overwhelmingly positive feedback from every single person that has got them. At 40$ there is absolutely no doubt that their praise was well deserved even though they can't be perfect.

Isn't FOTM when a pair of headphones is over-hyped and suggested a lot? Despite the fact that almost nobody else in this thread has tried them, they're all suggesting them. Unless they have all tried the PR100. In which case they're an FOTM.

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by semisight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't FOTM when a pair of headphones is over-hyped and suggested a lot? Despite the fact that almost nobody else in this thread has tried them, they're all suggesting them. Unless they have all tried the PR100. In which case they're an FOTM.

yeah and remember the v-moda vibes? how every praised them?

I'm leaning towards RE2s with the fiio5 amp but i dont know if i want an analytical phone or maybe a bassy fun phone like the ovcs.

what about the ne-6/ne-7ms? how are they in term of SQ? I've only read about them when they were FOTM, so i dont know their proper place/comparison

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict
The NE-7M are kinda like an ER6i and very detailed and spacious, but with better bass, and smoother highs and mids, so I guess not like an ER6i then.

how true is this statement? because i'll pull the trigger on ne-6s if this is the case

edit3x: urgh now i'm deciding between the me6s and the ne-6s...

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #12 of 12
I have NE-7Ms. i'm not an audiophile so i can't speak of "sound quality", except that it's way better than those crappy stock ipod/iphone earbuds, which what 'phone mentioned around here isn't right? the bass is definitely strong for ppl who are into strong bass. i personally like the NE-7Ms a lot b/c of price + good sound quality + iphone remote. i've read that the bass is a little too much for some ppl on this site though... i've seen a couple NE-6/7/8 on sale in classified section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back