Cheap iem to fit a need...
Sep 23, 2022 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alidan

Head-Fier
Ok, my last iems were crap, i'm not going to pretend otherwise, they were sound liberty 94.
while they were crap, they did show me that I can like iems, they were great for blocking sound if not good at canceling it, especially bass sounds like a box fan to the point that I wouldn't even know the fan was on unless it was pointed at me.

however the bluetooth radios in the earbuds died at the same time apparently... and i'm looking for new ones, I don't really want to buy more full wireless just because im not happy that just because the wireless part died the earbuds are now trash.

so im looking at what my options are for iems.

what I want is this

1) I would like them to at least have as good of sound as the sound liberties... not a high bar, if they could be better sound than my sennheiser hd 598's that would be even better.
2) I would like it if they could act as pseudo earplugs, as in make it hard to hear sound around me, I know I cant get active noise canceling unless I go full disposable earbuds, but I think muffleing outside sound would be good enough.
3) If possible easy to drive, I have a plan to attach them to a bluetooth receiver for 'wireless' use, it would be nice if they don't have more problems than needed.

and finally, cheap, sadly things that need to be replaced always come at the worst times, I can get something better down the line, but I want to know what my cheapest options are if possible

thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 4
I would check the classified ads out on here. Some great deals if you are willing to buy used.

Sep 24, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 4
I would check the classified ads out on here. Some great deals if you are willing to buy used.
The moment anything comes to paying someone digitally when its not a storefront I have no idea what i'm doing and I just consider the object to not exist, wish I could but but its generally something I dont want to do unless I was getting something for a price I cant over look.

If you only want new and do not know where to begin, then check out the Tripowin Lea as a start:

https://www.linsoul.com/products/tripowin-lea?variant=42468486283481
bass and mids for them seem good, but looking at it it seems the treble passed 10k really drops off, I know sennheiser also does so im wondering if you happen to know what that compares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back