Cheap headphones!
May 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CitizenOfUlysse

New Head-Fier
Heyo, would any of you mind advising me on getting some new headphones? 

My price cap is around 40-60 dollars (yeah, life sucks), I predominantly listen to hardcore (of the Black Flag, Converge, and Orchid variety), hip hop, jazz, and a variety of other random **** as I see fit, and I use headphones mostly for music and my animu. 

I'm looking for something with a closed back (I know it's worse sound quality, but I don't want sound to leak), medium sized cord, preferably circumaural but I don't particularly care, and I need it to be pretty durable. I've used the Denon AH-D310s before, and while the sound quality was pretty great for the price, the welding at the bottom of the cord wasn't too great and they lost sound in one side within half a year.

I'm currently looking at the Superlux HD661, Audio Technica ATH-M35, Shure SRH240, Sennheiser PX 200 II (white, it's on amazon for 50), Yamaha RH5MA and HARMAN K81DJ. 

Any help at all? Just maybe throw out some suggestions within that price range, maybe give me some direction with the cans I'm already looking at, that kinda thing. Pretty please?

May 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 4
The AKG K81DJ's are pretty sweet. They isolate very, very well, and have overall great build quality. They did have a pretty long cable though, so that may or may not be a deal breaker for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back