cheap headphone amp for ultrasone 550 pro
May 7, 2009 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zordof

New Head-Fier
I am about to order these ultrasone 550 pros online. I Have an onkyo powerful reciever with big plugin for headphone. Do i even need a headphone amp for it? I will be pluging in the computer into the reciever and plug the headphones into the reciever and be playing music off the computer from the receiver through the headphones. If i do need a headphone amp i need the cheapest i can get that would be best for the 550`s. Also if i need a headphone amp how would i hook it up?

May 7, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by zordof /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am about to order these ultrasone 550 pros online. I Have an onkyo powerful reciever with big plugin for headphone. Do i even need a headphone amp for it? I will be pluging in the computer into the reciever and plug the headphones into the reciever and be playing music off the computer from the receiver through the headphones. If i do need a headphone amp i need the cheapest i can get that would be best for the 550`s. Also if i need a headphone amp how would i hook it up?

This is the type of setup I use with my HD-250s. I get a slight hiss with volume though through my reciever. I need to see if grounding it helps, otherwise I will need a dedicated head amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back