Cheap gaming headphones
Oct 19, 2007 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

civictyper16

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I just recently bought some im616 for my zune which it still says sent to warehouse
rolleyes.gif
.I am now looking to buy some good isolating headphones so i can play my xbox 360 at night what would be some good headphones for around the 50$ price range I am also going to be listening to music on them.If possible one that comes with a mic I read about not buying gaming headphones cause there gimmicks just buy a headphone and mic separate?I listened to the turtle beach headset for 360 and i thought the sound was very good would that be a good purchase.

PS
Can my Onkyo receiver count as a amp for the headphone?Thanks guys.

Oct 19, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by civictyper16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys I just recently bought some im616 for my zune which it still says sent to warehouse
rolleyes.gif
.I am now looking to buy some good isolating headphones so i can play my xbox 360 at night what would be some good headphones for around the 50$ price range I am also going to be listening to music on them.If possible one that comes with a mic I read about not buying gaming headphones cause there gimmicks just buy a headphone and mic separate?I listened to the turtle beach headset for 360 and i thought the sound was very good would that be a good purchase.

PS
Can my Onkyo receiver count as a amp for the headphone?Thanks guys.

5.1 headsets are a gimmick.. 8 drivers is a silly idea. They do SS pretty well, but at the cost of SQ.. I heard mixed opinions on the turtle beach cans.. Usually around their quality & 'hissing' sound..

For 50.00 I recommend the Sen PX 100
Sen 205
Beyerdynamic 231
Koss porta pro
AKG 26 p
Koss KSC 75

Your Onkyo will work fine.

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #3 of 6
^^^^^^^^^

only go for a gaming headset if you really don't care about sound quality and just need a mic attached, in which case go for the cheapest gaming headphone. gaming headphones usually perform as well as products that are valued at half the price or less.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by civictyper16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just seen a sale going on craiglist for the Sennheiser hd 280 for 52$ brand new.What you guys think would it be a good buy?

Very good. They retail for 200.00..
blink.gif

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #6 of 6
I have another seller on craigs selling the akg k240 studios for the same price he says he has 4 available but I am waiting for both buyers to give me a response they seem to be very good pricing would they be good for gaming I am starting to think the prices are to good to be true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back