cheap etys
Mar 7, 2002 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mr_slacker

100+ Head-Fier
I found this on Fixup's homepage:

Quote:

FYI: now you can find a pair of ER4P for $215 on the Internet (I lost the link, I once saw it in the forums of Headwize or Head-fi, sold by a online MD store).

$215!!!

Anyone got that link? I searched both HeadWize and HeadFi but came up short...

Mar 7, 2002 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 12
i tried to find cheaper etys a few weeks ago, and i could'nt. i think that the info on the fixup site is outdated. sagearts, i believe, was selling etys for about that much some time ago, not anymore.

Mar 8, 2002 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 12
As I understand it, Headroom is currently the cheapest, around $260 or so. Make sure you get in your order early -- they keep getting 4Ps in, and selling out almost immediately. Their 4S collection seems to last somewhat longer...

Mar 8, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 12
I love my Etys.
smily_headphones1.gif

They were worth every single penny of the $275 (inc. ship.) that I paid Headroom for them!

Mar 8, 2002 at 4:13 AM Post #5 of 12
that's too bad that sage arts isn't selling anymore. I got my pair from them for $225 (plus tax since we're both in WA state). Their service was great and if they ever do start to sell again, i'd highly recommend them.

Then again, the Etys are still a fantastic deal even at Headroom's price - and even at what Etymotic charges directly for that matter. I wouldn't give up my 4Ss for anything. Well...maybe a couple of things, but not many.

Mar 8, 2002 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 12
thanks for the info guys...

I'm torn between the Audio Technica W100 and the Ety 4P + conversioncable (etymotic will soon sell their own).

Too bad I can't audition either one...

Mar 9, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #7 of 12
beni,
sagearts actually does sell, but for $260 + s&h. i bought from them - very nice service.

mr_slacker,
i'm not familiar with Audio Technica W100, but audiophile+ rated er4p higher than hd600. i have both, and i tend to agree. er4p are easily the most popular headphones these days, i guess you can't go wrong with them, imho.

Mar 9, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #8 of 12
The occlusion effect is something I can live with, but I still really wish there were some way to take care of the microphonics. They really, really get annoying if I don't hold entirely still, and this is *with* the shirt clip.

That said, they do sound fantastic! (Although am I the first to realize that the 4Ps are actually somewhat *too* sensitive for your average sound-card in the computer?)

Mar 12, 2002 at 5:25 AM Post #9 of 12
alleria,
i would never try 4p on any average sound card. if they hiss from ct570 headphone out, i am pretty sure sound card would be worse.
thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back