Cheap DAC for MBP?
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #17 of 20
^ Of those I would go for the Headroom Micro Dac.
No real strong reason why, besides that it looks more suitable for home use than the Pico and have a lot nicer look than the EMU 0404 USB.

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #19 of 20
Ok last question!

so I bought a DAC1 from another member from the FS/FT forum. It takes optical input from my mbp, so my DAC problem has been solved.

Now, my next question is, should I just use the integrated amp from the DAC1? or should I use this Aura VA100 amp I have? I honestly couldn't tell a different in any of the music that I've tried, so I wondering if you guys had any thoughts on this?

thanks!

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by pikasu321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok last question!

so I bought a DAC1 from another member from the FS/FT forum. It takes optical input from my mbp, so my DAC problem has been solved.

Now, my next question is, should I just use the integrated amp from the DAC1? or should I use this Aura VA100 amp I have? I honestly couldn't tell a different in any of the music that I've tried, so I wondering if you guys had any thoughts on this?

thanks!

if you can't tell a difference, we can't invent one for you
wink.gif

if they are "identical" to your ears, go with the DAC1 imho (seems more convienient, maybe you could sell the other amp? who knows)

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back