Cheap DAC/Amp??
Jan 5, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
well since the turtle beach lets you have an optical out (i think) you could get an external DAC like the DAC-ah for $150. but i think Jjcha has that turtle and thought the digital out sucked on it, and it had big problems synching up with any external DAC, just fyi.

The optical out on the Turtle Beach one isn't bit-perfect I dont' think.

Jan 6, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by probedb
Happy New Year all!

Does anyone have any suggestions on a cheapish DAC/Amp? Basically I just bought a Turtle Beach AudioAdvantage for my work laptop expecting to be able to use my UM-2s with it. However there's just a constant hiss from it's headphone out as they're too sensitive. Thing is it doubles as a S/PDIF out so any thoughts on a combination DAC/headphone amp that will give me a good output with no hiss?

New to the headphone amp/dac side of this.

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul.

That hiss is a product of the poor quality drivers supplied with the TBAAM. Just uninstall the drivers and re-plug the TBAAM back into the port. This time, have windows install its own general usb drivers. Voila, hiss gone.
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 10:02 AM Post #19 of 19
gshan: Thanks for that! It may actually sort the other problem I have that when I run ASIO4ALL, because I can only use the Windows volume control I have very loud or no sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefosho315
That hiss is a product of the poor quality drivers supplied with the TBAAM. Just uninstall the drivers and re-plug the TBAAM back into the port. This time, have windows install its own general usb drivers. Voila, hiss gone.
biggrin.gif

OK, I'll give that a whirl!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back