Cheap custom IEMs and a few questions
Oct 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Edoardo

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I've never liked IEMs that much. I've always preferred FS headphones. I've always find those very uncomfortable, big plugs don't fit, smaller ones are too loose.

So I would like to try to get a pair of custom IEMs done, because of their high noise isolation. Even with FS closed cans, such as the ATH-M50 (which I sold), I find myself always turning up the volume.

It's just a trial, so I'm asking you what's the entry level price for a pair of custom IEMs, else, how much the cheapest IEMs cost.
I'm not going to build a portable rig though. For that I have my desktop rig... In this case I'm not looking for sonic excellence, but I'd put noise isolation has priority over everything else!

I live in Italy so I'd need a producer who accepts third-party audiologist's plugs to send them (I found one with instructions for indipendent audiologists on its site) and who also provides international shipping.

Detatchable cables are preferred, and the possibility of substituting the custom plugs with a standard pair (in case of reselling) is also preferred! 

(yes I've read the superguide thread 
L3000.gif
 but my questions seem not to be that common! )

Thank you everybody

Oct 27, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 9
P.S. 

It's not clear... Can I get just the custom plugs done for any common (I mean, a pair of Shure less than 150€ or UE for less than 200€) In-Ear earphones??? Who does offer that service?

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 9
Oct 28, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 9
Remould, or reselling is taking the drivers from the IEM and placing them in customised shells, turning them into customs. The sleeves are just custom tips

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #8 of 9
OH. No problem! Sorry bout that, I'm posting from a laggy iPhone so I overlooked the thank you. It really depends, but I think the reselling should have more

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #9 of 9
There's also minerva customs with the mi-1 starting at £179 not including impressions and postage, do a search and you should find some reviews.;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back