Cheap Computer System $50 2.1
Sep 7, 2009 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

the_dong146

100+ Head-Fier
First of all - I know we're not talking about hi-fi or even mid-fi here. My friend currently is hunting for a decently powered 2.1 setup for her computer, with a very strict budget of $50 (yay college).

What I'm asking you guys, is for this low, low price, what setup is the best of the worst?

A quick glance on Amazon...

Leaning towards Altec Lansing VS2621
Amazon.com: Altec Lansing Speaker System for Computers/MP3 players with Crystal-Clear Sound and Powerful Bass (Black): Electronics

But if anyone else knows anything from this page:
Amazon.com: $25 to $50 - 2.1 computer speakers: Electronics

also looking at these
http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Tech-AR5...2362051&sr=8-2

any other recommendations are certainly appreciated - Creative Inspire? Hercules?

Thanks!

or elsewhere...

Sep 7, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 2
I have a pair of 2.1 Logitech Z-4s , for my laptop setup, that I got for ~$35 on sale. FIgured they'd sound at least better than my laptop speakers. They're very impressive for that price, plus, they look good, too. They're usually around $70-80, with an MSRP of $100. They also use a line-out jack, so I frequently plug it into my mp3 player for a listen. Of course, when I'm doing real listening, I have my 1K Energy/Onkyo setup (and I have custom speaker cable that cost more than the Logitechs) But the Z4 surprisingly sounds quite crisp, with little distortion, and tight, playful bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back