Cheap comfortable headphone for around $50?
Apr 4, 2009 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dopeboyfresh

100+ Head-Fier
My Denons broke (no sound coming out) and I want a pair of cheap comfortable headphones that I can wear around the house. I no longer care much about sound quality. I know and appreciate the difference but as a high school student it's just not worth the money to me.

My main purpose is actually plugging them in to a laptop so I can watch TV Shows while washing the dishes. I just need isolation similar to the Denon D1001 (which is not a lot). Recommendations? It'd be nice if it was on amazon.

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RX700.

X2

But the RX700's aren't very comfortable. They aren't uncomfortable either...
In any case, they are worth the money.

You might consider some cheap IEM's? Soundmagic from focalprice or Kanon MD-52's are suppose to be nice. I've never heard them though.. been meaning to buy a pair.. but I am too indecisive.

Apr 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Another for RX700. I would recommend doing the felt mod at the least even if you don't care about the sound as much because its easy and free.

Also I found them to be quite comfortable even while wearing my glasses. Stuffy at times but not as much compared to the RX900. The cord on the RX700 is pretty long too, so its going to be no problem while wearing it and going around the house as long as you don't trip on them.

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Sennheiser HD212, usually around $50 on amazon. I think they are pretty comfortable, they are pretty heavy on bass though, but the bass is clean not distorted. I think they are good for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back