CHEAP CHINESE FAKE CABLE WARNING ! PLEASE READ THIS !
Oct 19, 2018 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tejanolibre

100+ Head-Fier
Audiophile HELL ! Buenos Aires , Argentina
How are you doing today ?

I sincerely apologize but after seeing the pictures that are POSTED by one of your recent clients that bought the same item that I just bought I have no choice but to CANCEL my ORDER Immediately due to the extremely POOR workmanship and extremely dangerous electrical wiring job or lack of it and the safety problems that are just waiting to take you to court !
I really wanted to buy your cable and repeat often but there is no way I can do that !

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PS-...876.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.703c4c4dxrCdpQ :Look at the PICTURES of the cord and I have a family !
accuphase.jpg
AND I USE 240 VOLTS ! Although I have been told that it's better to get fried by 220v than 110v because 110v grabs you and will not let you go but 220v tosses you about 15ft. !

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 8
That is really poor workmanship.

As for getting electric shock. Neither description is correct. Just yesterday I got shocked at 120v while checking out a flakey socket. It was more of a buzz.

Years ago when I lived overseas I was shocked by 220v. That was way more shocking but no it does not throw you any distance.

Those are AC. I few years back while mucking around a tube amp got shocked by 400v DC. That was like a huge pop.

Nothing justify those poor connection though.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #8 of 8
Aliexpress is just about the last place on Earth I would consider ordering power cables from.

I've ordered computer gear from them, and end up using my own generic power cords (the ones supplied have a noticeably inferior plastic insulation even on the outside).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back