Cheap Cans
Jan 9, 2008 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

infamous16

Head-Fier
I'm looking for some cheap cans to go along with my im716's.

They have to be from Newegg and they have to be $45 or less (really though, that is pretty much the most).

I listen to rock, and some alternative, and some stuff with techno and bass. I just want something to fit my needs. I don't care if its open or closed, needs to be comfy, though.

thanks

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm looking into the crystal ball and I am seeing.....in your near future........

Koss KSC 75. Extremely fun headphones at $25 or less online or in Rat Shack. If clips don't work too well for you, The Koss PortaPro and the Sennheiser PX100 also land within your price range and sound good. Although the PortaPro is a wee bit more bass heavy with less treble sparkle and the PX100 is more laid back. The PortaPro and PX100 were more comfortable for me but that's because I just prefer headbands to ear clips.

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #3 of 6
Koss KSC75. I am a relative newbie around here (this is my second post...) but I do own a pair of Audio Technica AD700s and a pair of Koss KSC75s and the Koss really do sound amazing - don't be turned off by the price!

Don't just take my word for it, search KSC75 on these forums and hear what other people have to say. I'm sure you'll love them!

Hope this helps!

Jan 19, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 6
I have Ultimate Ears Superfi 3 that are very good.

The super.fi 3 Studio earphones give you studio-quality sound in a unique in-ear design that incorporates pro-style ear loops to keep your earphones in place and a universal fit kit. The super.fi 3 studio also seals your ear canal like the metro.fi 2 but it blocks even more noise because the internal speaker is different. The super.fi 3 studio incorporates a proprietary balanced armature driver--the same technology found in hearing aids. Instead of pushing air to generate sound waves like your home speakers, a balanced armature is a coil that vibrates like a guitar sting. A balanced armature driver gives you distortion-free, full-range audio clarity while the in-ear design provides up to 26 dB of noise isolation for clearer sonic detail. The super.fi 3 series is a great intoduction to true audiophile headphones for those who are looking to get more out of their portable player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back