cheap cable for Senn HD25-1
Aug 21, 2007 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shleepy

100+ Head-Fier
Everyone recommends getting a new cable for the HD25-1, which I just bought (and the "symptoms" of the cheap cable are pretty consistent with people's reports). Now, for around $11+5 shipping, I can get the standard HD650 cable, which is what people recommend. I was just curious about whether or not I have other options in the very-low price range... perhaps something coiled and/or shorter, since I'll be using it with my ipod a lot?

Mind you, I'm not getting my hopes up, but I wouldn't really know how to go about looking for this (being a noob
wink.gif
). Thank you!

Aug 21, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't think you'll find anything too cheap because any DIY or small companies that make Senn cables will normally source their plugs directly off a stock HD650 cable, so by the time you factor in the cable, other materials, and labor you're looking at quite a bit more. There are some cheapish Senn cables, but not sure what they're made of. I've done a 5' Cardas for $100 before. You could bring the price down if you went with say starquad or SPC

Aug 21, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 8
Alrighty - no problem. I was thinking more along the lines of a replacement cable for another pair of Senn's that happens to use the same plugs. And it makes sense that custom cables cost so much if sourcing the plugs for custom cables has to be done from stock HD650 cables. Thanks for the info!

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 8
I believe just about every Senn benefits from a silver re-cable (to inprove the treble extension). Of course these can be expensive, the cheapest I have found is the Headphile Senn V2 in Black Silver.

Aug 23, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 8
Miguel, believe me, you don't want silver on the HD25-1, they're quite sibilant to being with, so I would only go with silver plated copper (i.e APureSound or Fitz Audio are nice choices) or strictly pure copper.

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miguel, believe me, you don't want silver on the HD25-1, they're quite sibilant to being with, so I would only go with silver plated copper (i.e APureSound or Fitz Audio are nice choices) or strictly pure copper.

Ok, I have only listened/owned the HD580/600/650 and the PX100.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back