Cheap Audio Card + Headphones combo
Apr 25, 2009 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mKosto

New Head-Fier
Hi, i wanted to get a good combo for seriois playing games (FPS), movies, and listen to music of all kinds (but mostly inde), my audio biblotheque is in VBR V0 Lame with some Flac exeptions.

I was thinking on getting a Xonar D1/DX and some headphones for a total of less than 200 usd. Also my options are limited cuz i live in Mexico and my friend that can bring things to me only buys on Newegg.

I use to have the Sennheiser HD202 that sound prety good, but some shi*** thiefs open my car, saw my cheap ugly stereo (That was not worthy the time), and they stole my hd202 =(.

Thanks for your help!!!

Apr 25, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #2 of 4
The asus xonar d1 is a really good choice imo. I'm pretty sure there is not better DAC under $100. The d1 uses cirrus logic's top of the line DAC chip, which is considered one of the best available.

As for headphones I'm not really sure what to recommend in the $100 range. The ad700 definitely gets a lot of fanfare. There's also the more rock oriented Alessandro ms-1 which ships free world wide (for $109 usd).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mKosto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, i wanted to get a good combo for seriois playing fps, movies, and listen to music of all kinds (but most inde), my audio biblotheque is in VBR V0 Lame with some Flac exeptions.

I was thinking on getting a Xonar d1 and some headphones for a total of less than 200 usd. Also my options are limited cuz i live in Mexico and my friend that can bring things to me only buys on Newegg.

I use to have the Sennheiser HD202 that sound prety good, but some shi*** thiefs open my car, saw my cheap ugly stereo (That was not worthy the time), and they stole my hd202 =(.

Thanks for your help!!!

May 17, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #4 of 4
Bump...

I have been reading and saw that the Alessandro are great for music but they are not any good for gaming (fps).
Are these still a good choice for 100usd max?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back