Cheap and good...really ?
Oct 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #61 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lejnoss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dealperfect.com or Focalprice.com should work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Only focalPrice at the moment, DealPerfect is down. I got my pl21 today when I ordered it on the 9th of September! Anyways, the sound quality provides very good clarity and bass response.
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #63 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by So_Sweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say, I'm pretty spoiled myself... In a way, I have nearly 2000 saved up in my bank, but everytime I want to buy anything, I would go to my parents - They are quite wealthy I have must admit but even then I feel bad for spending their money..

It's weird because when I want something and I don't buy it myself.. The personal value on the product I have decreases and I care less about it because I didn't pay for it.. Lol; "Head-Fi, Sorry about your parents wallet"

* I shop at Earphone Solutions - Westone 3 Earphone, Shure Earphones, Sennheiser Earbud, Ultimate Ears Ear Buds and Shure earbuds - The Best Earphones for iPod Comparisons and Reviews they have some cheap buds there *

I'm in fairly similar straits as you but not quite 2000 dollars. A handy way I've found to reduce the psychological and moral effect that you've mentioned of spending your parents' money is to buy second-hand and eke out every last bit of value of the money you have. The only things I've ever bought new were a few tips (of course). It also gives you a chance to try out lots of earphones for no loss (or even profit sometimes)

Which is what I'd also recommend to the OP if his city/country is sufficiently advanced to have such a society of audio hobbyists. Singapore does
beyersmile.png

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #64 of 64
ripped: I'm a fan of the JVC HA-FX66 with Comply T400 tips. Some people may call me crazy for putting $15 tips on $18 earphones but I find it to be well worth it. It may or may not fit your ear completely though which is probably one of the disadvantages of Comply tips + the shape of the FX66 but this combo is fun and really brings your music out. Vocals are especially clear and little details come out a lot easier (compared to my Westone UM1, even). It's not for everyone but I certainly am not a fan of having a flat frequency response all day. You listen to music for enjoyment, not for analyzing every nuance (IMO). If you can obtain the FX66 for a reasonable price in your country, you should try them. IMO they're a decent step-up from the JVC HA-FX33 Marshmallow that was mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back