Cheap Amp
Jan 6, 2009 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

-Trance-

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a cheap amp for my iPod and BeyerDT770/80. I was looking at the E3 but reading around it seems the E5 is better? Is there some other amps >30 that can compare to the E5? This will be my first amp and I really don't have any money after Christmas. Would it be worth it to wait say 2-3 months and save up for a more expensive amp? If so which one?

Thanks for any help
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm going to say that the Beyers are going to need more than any cheap portable amp is going to be able to deliver, so your best bet is to either save up for a better amp, or sell the beyers and get more efficient headphones.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 4
For between $200 and $300, I like the PPA and the M^3 from various DIY builders. I used to have a blueberry audio emotion+ that worked pretty well with my beyers, but both the beyers and the blueberry amp are long gone, and I haven't seen a blueberry amp for sale in quite some time.

I think any decent desktop amp should be able to get as much as you're going to get out of those beyers, but the PPA and M^3 are spectacular amps for the price.

Another option is look for an older receiver or integrated amp with a good headphone jack
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back