cheap amp for the k240s
Sep 3, 2006 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

binkgle

500+ Head-Fier
i've searched around for suggestions re an amp with good synergy with the akg k240s, but didn't find much, particularly in recent threads.

i would like to get a new soundcard (probably a chaintech av710 if i can find one, maybe an m-audio revo 5.1, whatever, that's a different discussion) and with it, an amp for my k240s. i don't want to go diy, and would prefer to spend less than $100 (USD) on the amp.

the options to consider that i can come up with off the top of my head are:

-go-vibe 5
-xenos (i know very little about this little amp, though i know it's been getting great reviews here lately)
-pa2v2

which of these, or maybe another amp in the price range, would be best with the k240s? i'm looking to keep that akg groove, but hopefully increase a bit on the detail resolution the cans produce. maybe that's more up to the source, though

thanks in advance,
binkgle

Sep 3, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm inexperienced with either amp - however, I really enjoy my Groovalizer with the PortaCorda II (and all of Jan's LM617x opamp based amps I've tried in general). As Norm also seems to use these opamps now in the GV5, I'd be inclined to try that one...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back