Cheap Amp for SA5000? (Around $200 - $250)
Aug 7, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
But, why do so many use it with Grados as well? Interesting....

I'm not sure. Grado users might use it to tame the highs or accelerate them. Senn users might use them to make them more forward or to make them more laid-back. I really wish we had a nice compilation of headphone amps with their general SQ characteristics and what headphones they are most often used with. ..
confused.gif

Aug 7, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
Its currently being offered at an 'introductory' price of $350, by Ray. I don't know what your price range is, but that is a fairly good bargain for the quality of sound it exhibits, despite being the size of a credit card.

It is curious how people talk and even consider bargain an amp that right now there is still a list of reservations for the first 100, and it is really new in the market (not sure if there is anyone made to the date) how do you know it is a bargain at $350.00 just based on prior Ray quality of products, or have you heard it? Just curious...

The SA5000 need current, lots of current, my PPA did it fair justice as well as other amps I have, but none of them is in your price range BTW....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back