Cheap amp for K701 up to $300
Sep 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWysokinski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are welcome. I offer good coffee or tea, well burnt-in K701, CanAmp and plenty of music
k701smile.gif

Hehe, okay, we'll talk about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

BTW Would you summarize main differences between the last three cans you've listed? I still have not found free time to compare K701 with HD800 and while Grados don't interest me, HD800 are quite tempting. Thank you.

To my unexperienced ear, the HD800 had got a bigger soundstage, less bass, but a bit warmer, "shiny" middles and highs. They were awesome with classical music or women vocals, but with rock I found K701 better, as they were sharper and had got more bass. And yeah, Grados are not really mine thing too.
wink.gif
I had written something more about my experiences here:
AKG K701 - Cudo - forum.MP3store.pl - Page 8 [Sorry guys, in Polish only :p]

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeycam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had written something more about my experiences here: AKG K701 - Cudo - forum.MP3store.pl - Page 8 [Sorry guys, in Polish only :p]

I see that your description of K701 is very similar to mine. I should finally go to Q21 and try HD800. However, I'd prefer to wait for new Beyerdynamic and compare them with HD800.

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

I see that your description of K701 is very similar to mine. I should finally go to Q21 and try HD800. However, I'd prefer to wait for new Beyerdynamic and compare them with HD800.

Really? That means that my ears are not as bad as I thought.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm very interested in T1s too, but I would still strongly recommend a visit in Q21. The atmosphere there is great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Really? That means that my ears are not as bad as I thought.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm very interested in T1s too, but I would still strongly recommend a visit in Q21. The atmosphere there is great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I know. I've bought my CanAmp and listened to GS1000 there.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Well, I'll start from the beginning. I dropped by an audio shop yesterday and listened to few headphones. The rig was Vincent CD-S1.1 and Yamamoto HA-02. I listened to HD600, HD650, HD800, K701 and GS1000i...
<snip>

Whoa! I wish we had audio stores with such items over here...
frown.gif

cheers!

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_equalizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa! I wish we had audio stores with such items over here...
frown.gif

cheers!

I didn't thought that this store is THAT special. Must say it guys working there, it will make them happy
k701smile.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #22 of 28
Hi mates, same problem here
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm looking for amp to drive my K701 and I'm sick of it. Everybody say they're so demanding and tricky so I can't buy any amp i want. I've to listen to it before buying which is almost impossible (most of amps which I'm interested in aren't avaible in local stores) or chose something popular with K701 like Canamp. I've listened to this combination and I like how my AKGs sounds with it so if I won't manage to find anything better in similar price range I will buy it. I wish someone has M^3 for sale. I've heard good things about this combo.

Sep 13, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam_eu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi mates, same problem here
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm looking for amp to drive my K701 and I'm sick of it. Everybody say they're so demanding and tricky so I can't buy any amp i want. I've to listen to it before buying which is almost impossible (most of amps which I'm interested in aren't avaible in local stores) or chose something popular with K701 like Canamp. I've listened to this combination and I like how my AKGs sounds with it so if I won't manage to find anything better in similar price range I will buy it. I wish someone has M^3 for sale. I've heard good things about this combo.

Hi,
First, buying Canamp will solve you amp-related problems and allows you to start enjoying your music. Let's not forget that music, not hardware is what matters. And this combo stands the test of time and is really good.
Second, I don't believe that until amp is physically unable to drive cans/speakers properly, there are significant differences between various amps (which doesn't imply that all amps sound the same).
Third, imagine what problems with amp and source you would have if you had cans owned by agent Cooper on you avatar
k701smile.gif

Cheers,
Adam

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam_eu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish someone has M^3 for sale. I've heard good things about this combo.

This is a good combo, start a WTB thread on FS forum
icon10.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #26 of 28
I am finding that a well burnt in DV3322 is fantastic with my K701. The reason why I say well burnt in is because the DV3322 is absolutely unlistenable without 30+ hours on it. Especially with the K701/2. It is ear splitting, but when you burn it in, it realllly comes alive. Especially when you get rid of the stock tubes.

It is a 600Mw amp as well and is 398.00 at Boyier. Popular amp seems to be the CanAmp but I wanted to be able to change the tune the sound signature to my liking with tubes.

Impedance: 32-600 Ohms
Frequency Response:10Hz-30kHz +/-1dB
Power: 600 Mw
S/N:100dB

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by coredump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't think the K701 sounded good with my MK III so I would have doubts about the MK II. I'd look into some nice solid state amps. I've heard the Travagan's Red with the MS1 and thought it was great. I'd love to hear it with the K701.

sold my mk3 because didn't match well with cold k701s.

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #28 of 28
Allot of people to really enjoy the DV336se with the 701's. Warm lush sounding amp once the tubes are replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back