Cheap Amp/DAC recommendation for mobile.
May 1, 2016 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

patrice58

Head-Fier
I need a bit of guidance I have a OnePlus 2 and I was wondering if you guys can recommend a cheap DAC most importantly or an amp/DAC combination that won't break the bank.I generally stream music at 320 Kilobits per second. I listen to all types of music from Classical to Ska. The earphones I would like to pair it with are a pair of Pump audio as as the Munitio Nines. Headphone wise it will be the Koss Prota Pro and a pair of Electrostatz Headphones. I would prefer to use the USB Audio function of Android L then to use it as a music player of itself.

May 2, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 17
See this GMSArena review. The problem with the OnePlus2 is the headphone amp output, not the DAC in it: http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_2-review-1287p6.php

I'd recommend going with a Fiio A3 amp.

May 2, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 17
See this GMSArena review. The problem with the OnePlus2 is the headphone amp output, not the DAC in it: http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_2-review-1287p6.php

I'd recommend going with a Fiio A3 amp.

Thanks for the recommendation. So the problems with the headphone jack would be negated by the fact you are not using the headphone jack of the phone right?

May 2, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #8 of 17
No it's that you're not using headphones plugged into the jack. So it's not needing to amplify headphones rather just hooking up a portable amplifier to it.

May 2, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #9 of 17
Here is what they said in the review
"The OnePlus 2 went off to a flying start in our audio quality test. When connected to an active external amplifier, the smartphone posted excellent scores top to bottom and garnished them with very loud output for one of the best performances out there.

Unfortunately, the second-gen company flagship failed where it mattered more - our headphones test. "

May 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #12 of 17
Lol so true! 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back