Cheap 4-pin mini XLR --> (mini)TRS headphone cables?
Mar 26, 2024 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Drinkyoghurt

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy some backup cables for my Pioneer HDJ X10, which has a 4-pin mini XLR connector. These aren't really used much anywhere, and as such I can only find the original cable as a replacement. However, they're €35 each which is a bit steep for me since most 3-pin XLR cables are usually half the price. Is there any other headphone that uses the 4-pin mini XLR connector (single side) and offers a cheaper alternative?

Mar 26, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 4
Look into the Beyerdynamic and AKG cables. I don't know how the Pioneer cable is wired.

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Look into the Beyerdynamic and AKG cables. I don't know how the Pioneer cable is wired.
Thanks,

I checked everything both of those brands have to offer but it seems like they only do 3-pin mini XLR to TRS, not 4-pin mini XLR. The Pioneer setup is a bit weird, since it goes from balanced to unbalanced (both cables are like that).

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks,

I checked everything both of those brands have to offer but it seems like they only do 3-pin mini XLR to TRS, not 4-pin mini XLR. The Pioneer setup is a bit weird, since it goes from balanced to unbalanced (both cables are like that).

Sorry, DT177x specifically. Sennheiser HD490 should also work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back