Cheap 2 channel speaker amp.
Feb 10, 2016 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

briansun1

New Head-Fier
Hello, everyone. For the last 3ish months I've been using a pair of dayton b652 speakers with a Lepai 2020a+ amp. The amp is... not exactly the best quality. There was some static that went away, but now the right channel is messed up and doesn't work. So, I'm looking for a new 2 channel speaker amp for about the same price. Is there anything out there that will work?

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 7
  Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at it. Why did you recommend it though?

Dayton is a reliable enough brand, their rebadged Sonic Impact amps were great for the price. I'd recommend those but they come in a plastic case, so I posted that one instead. It also has a bit more power. Although the thing is your problem with the Lepai had a lot more to do with reliability than how much power it had, so even the plastic Dayton would probably be enough (or you can get the one that comes with a BT system, so you can use a smartphone with it wirelessly).

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #5 of 7

Dayton is a reliable enough brand, their rebadged Sonic Impact amps were great for the price. I'd recommend those but they come in a plastic case, so I posted that one instead. It also has a bit more power. Although the thing is your problem with the Lepai had a lot more to do with reliability than how much power it had, so even the plastic Dayton would probably be enough (or you can get the one that comes with a BT system, so you can use a smartphone with it wirelessly).

Thanks. Not really interested in BT though.

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #6 of 7
I'd be looking at local classifieds for a receiver/amp.   You can usually find any number of them for $40-80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back