Chasing Significant Upgrade from Bifrost/Lyr/HD650
Aug 29, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #16 of 16
Reading through your music tastes I'd say I took a similar path as you. I have the LCD-2-CB and ZMF eikon. I don't have to EQ the ZMF at all, but I dial up the low bass about 3-4 db on the LCD-2-CB with the loki mini. Both those HB are quite heavy for long sessions, but for the music your describe, they are great. I also have the Focal Clear and I like them as well for different reasons. They are lighter and more comfortable for long sessions. For detail and dynamics, it's the Clear first, with a more balanced tuning, but I don't find bass lacking. I find the LCD-2-CB pretty great at detail as well, but less so on dynamics. They are naturally pretty neutral tuned. They do (to me) need some low-bass added. ZMFs are boosted in the bass and quite punchy and dynamic - no EQ required. I'd put them below both the Clear and LCD-2-CB for detail retrieval. I had the HD6XX early and these all are a level up (to me) and were great upgrades. I've had a few headphones and these three are my keepers (just can't buy any more.... for a while).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back