Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014
Feb 20, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #228 of 530
Might end up getting a Modi just for the meet.  My PC rig might be too much of a pain to transport, and my beloved TiHD is limited to PCI-e 
rolleyes.gif
.  The MBA and an external will probably strutting it's stuff.

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #229 of 530
TQuote:
  Might end up getting a Modi just for the meet.  My PC rig might be too much of a pain to transport, and my beloved TiHD is limited to PCI-e 
rolleyes.gif
.  The MBA and an external will probably strutting it's stuff.

I could sell you mine at the meet.  It's not worth selling online to me after shipping is deducted.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #230 of 530
I could sell you mine at the meet.  It's not worth selling online to me after shipping is deducted.

Hell, I'll take you up on that!

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #231 of 530
JWahl, you're the organizer, so it's not selfish to change for your schedule. I appreciate all your work on making this meet a reality! April 11 or 19 weekends would be fine with me. I would LOVE to have MrSpeakers and/or Moon Audio there! 
darthsmile.gif

Also I haven't been there and don't know the store, but wondered if Audio Advice in Charlotte might be willing to bring some gear to demo. http://www.audioadvice.com/hifi-home-audio/headphones/

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #232 of 530
i remember audio advice was at that big charlotte hp/vinyl meet in 2011 i believe. i havent been by their store either but they do have a good price on a usb cable ive been looking at so maybe i need to drop in. 

edit it was liquid hifi that was at that meet now i think of it. I believe audio advice has more hp selection though

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #233 of 530
  JWahl, you're the organizer, so it's not selfish to change for your schedule. I appreciate all your work on making this meet a reality! April 11 or 19 weekends would be fine with me. I would LOVE to have MrSpeakers and/or Moon Audio there! 
darthsmile.gif

Also I haven't been there and don't know the store, but wondered if Audio Advice in Charlotte might be willing to bring some gear to demo. http://www.audioadvice.com/hifi-home-audio/headphones/

Thanks, though if anyone you should thank Alex (fatcat28037).  He's been doing most of the leg work behind the scenes in locating and reserving the venue.  I talked to Drew from Moon Audio and he has expressed interest still but says their spring schedule is very busy and he can't make any promises this early.  I'll check with again when the meet gets closer.  On the other hand, I heard back from the distributor of iFi Audio and they said they would be wiling lend me some loaner gear to demo at the meet.  Even the upcoming Mini iDSD if it is available in time.  If not, I could still get a hold of ones like the iCan, iDAC, iDSD nano, and iTube.  I haven't got to try any yet, but they seem like a great value.  I'll be buying the iLink USB converter for myself soon also.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #234 of 530
Has anyone chimed in for the 26th? I would love to make it, but will be traveling the two proposed weekends. Just thought I would throw that date out there. Thanks for the work in organizing this meet!

Feb 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #235 of 530

Has anyone chimed in for the 26th? I would love to make it, but will be traveling the two proposed weekends. Just thought I would throw that date out there. Thanks for the work in organizing this meet!

the 26'th might work for me actually 

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #237 of 530
Another update.  The room has actually been reserved now for the 19th.  I will not change the date again, even if I can't attend for some crazy reason.  Thanks everyone for your patience.  And sorry again for those that may not be able to make it.

On an unfortunate side note for myself at least.  After spending over an hour on the phone with the IRS and Treasury department, I was informed that the full nearly $2200 of my tax refund was sent to the Social Security Administration for a reason they would not disclose.  As you can imagine I'm quite frustrated.  Likely this will mean no EC Super 7 or HE-560 for now unless I can figure out a way to get it back in time.

I still fully plan to attend with my current gear and I'll probably still be able to pickup the iFi iLink, as well as bringing the iFi demo gear I mentioned.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #238 of 530
'Oh hey, we took your $2200, but we're not going to tell you why...'

Good ole' IRS.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #239 of 530
  'Oh hey, we took your $2200, but we're not going to tell you why...'

Good ole' IRS.

Ha, I can't really blame the IRS on this one, except for the 45 minutes of my life lost on hold.  I'm sure I'll find a way to get it back.  Just probably not in time for the meet, unfortunately.  I really wanted that amp especially.  Perhaps I can still sell my Soloist, and save from 2 paychecks for the rest.  First world problems I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back