charging up the new Sony NWZ-S745...from Sony Style
Mar 5, 2010 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jussa Audio Dude

Head-Fier
I couldn't resist anymore. I was waiting for the Sony with Android...but that might not be out for a while...picked up the Sony S745 today, and it's charging...but I tried the supplied headphones with my S636 and I can honestly say, it's the best bundled headphone I have heard including the one that came with my recently sold Sony X. The supplied headphones on the S745 are usualy 100 bucks by themselves. They sound is very Monster Turbine like.

I am really hoping that this is the REAL upgrade to the S630 series...and not the S545

Will post more thoughts after it's charged.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 6
i think the difference would be very slight or close to none coming from s630 series. Anyway congrats on your new sony

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 6
Been listening for a couple of hours. The S745 sounds better to my ears, just a little more clarity, with same great bass as S636. The S636 can be had now for 50 to 60 bucks if you look hard enough...is it worth the jump to 199 CAD? No. But if you never owned a Sony before...I would go for the S745...it has better soundstage without a doubt...at least to my ears. And just a tad more instrument separation. But the fact you get 100 dollar headphones bundled...it's like only paying 100 bucks for the S745

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #4 of 6
I went to sonystyle yesterday here in Malaysia. Good for me, they had A840 and S740. So I listened to A840 first. It was good. Then I went to S740, listened to the songs they had in the walkman with the stock earphone. I found S740 sounds better. So I told the guy at sony to put in the same songs on both of the walkman. They had Michael Jackson album in S740 so he transfered the whole album into A840. Did second round of testing on both walkmans with all the settings switched off.
I found MJ's voice, his breath, are more natural in S740 compared to A840. As though he is singing just right beside my ears, but for A840, I can hear the sound coming from a mic far from me. I compared this two walkman with the stock earphone.
Well, as per specsheet, I know A840 especially with its S-Master are better but to my ears, the S740 sounds better. Futhermore, both are sold for the same price here for the same capacity.
Next week, let me go and test this two walkmans in different sonystyle and compare. If still S740 performs better (to my ears), then I will pick it up.

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkesu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to sonystyle yesterday here in Malaysia. Good for me, they had A840 and S740. So I listened to A840 first. It was good. Then I went to S740, listened to the songs they had in the walkman with the stock earphone. I found S740 sounds better. So I told the guy at sony to put in the same songs on both of the walkman. They had Michael Jackson album in S740 so he transfered the whole album into A840. Did second round of testing on both walkmans with all the settings switched off.
I found MJ's voice, his breath, are more natural in S740 compared to A840. As though he is singing just right beside my ears, but for A840, I can hear the sound coming from a mic far from me. I compared this two walkman with the stock earphone.
Well, as per specsheet, I know A840 especially with its S-Master are better but to my ears, the S740 sounds better. Futhermore, both are sold for the same price here for the same capacity.
Next week, let me go and test this two walkmans in different sonystyle and compare. If still S740 performs better (to my ears), then I will pick it up.

I heard people had similar opinions like yours, sometimes it is difficult to choose. In fact, someone said, if you want your sound a bit "manly", "rough", you should sonsider S630 over S740.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkesu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i agree with you...the Sony X had the S Master...and from memory...I agree. The S745 is more upfront. Not sure if I am gonna keep the S745 because the S636 sounds almost as good...and I got it on clearance for 40 bucks. The S745 is 199....so................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back