Changing the peak dB to a specific level
May 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NAeternal

New Head-Fier
HI!
I've a soundcard which can produces. maximum 98 db sound
And some of my flac musics can't hit the 98 db, so they are quiet. Like classical music or 24bit 96khz vinyl albums.

I use replaygain but if I use it more than the song needs, fluctations happen.

I want the perfect setting, in which the loudest part of the song is 98 db, and there should be no fluctation. How can I manage to do that?

May 28, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 3
What's connected to your soundcard? The output of the soundcard is half the story, if you're plugging headphones straight in then the sensitivity/impedance of the headphones will affect things.

The best way I can think of is to use your ears. If you can find a loud track or sample, play it on your computer and turn up the volume until it is as loud as possible without distorting. This should be a good level. Or indeed a loud passage on one of your classical recordings will do it.

You can find some test tones here which may help as well-

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtestsaudiotesttones_index.php

May 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, it is directy connected to the soundard. I'm using Sennheiser HD439 (32ohm impedance).

Using advanced limiter fixed the problem, no more fluctations but distortions. I can manage a level where nothing distorts and all fine.

Just wanted an easy way to do it but i suppose i should do it manually like you say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back