Changing pads on Beyers DT series
Jun 26, 2005 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

iancraig10

Headphoneus Supremus
I have DT770's (both versions) DT880 and DT990 pro. However, I ripped the velvet on my beloved 880's so I gave Beyer UK a call and had some pads sent to me. Not velour but pleather. (They still fit them on the 770M's) I bought a few cos you never know how they're going to go on.

Before fiddling with the 880's I put some on the 770pros just to see how much damage I could do. If it'll break .... I'll do it!!!

Well ....... I think that the sound has been altered. Since I have two pairs and an amp with 4 outputs,I could switch between two pairs of 770's immediately. Although one pair is 250 ohm and other is 80, I am quite aware of their differences.

I believe that the bass end of the 250 ohm is slightly less Booofy. Slightly cleaner. I don't think treble has been altered much. It's subtle, but I do think that it has had an effect. Anyone else tried changing pads on Beyers?

Maybe this pad stuff with the Grados isn't just them. It works on other phones too. (I have Grados too) Also, imo the phones look a lot cleaner with their new black pads and no little bits coming off of the velvet. I have found the velvet to be a bit delicate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back