Changing info in iTunes, having it tag the change?
Aug 18, 2006 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Squeek

Headphoneus Supremus
Quick question...

I recently acquired a squeezebox 3. Previously all of my PC music has been managed by iTunes, and all of it acquired through different means. As such, not everything was labelled correctly.

I have since renamed everything in iTunes to my specifications, but upon installing the squeezebox into my system, it appears that my changes did not change the actual tags as the search function via squeezebox has yielded less than stellar results.

Can I get iTunes to tag the files the way that I have them named in iTunes?

Aug 19, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 4
You can try converting the tag versions in iTunes. I don't know what version Slim Devices use. I too had problems with weird tags with Sqeezebox. Make sure to rescan your library.

Aug 19, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #3 of 4
If you had the option "Let iTunes manage your music files" active, the right tags might then be in a copy of your original files in the iTunes folder.

Aug 20, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 4
That said, MP3tag is very good for tagging just about any music format you want. And it does it properly too.

iTunes can make a mess and sometimes even change things you don't want changed. There are Winamp and Foobar2000 plugins for taking to an iPod so you don't need iTunes. Basically, iTunes is a mess. EAC rips better and gives you more control. With EAC (with the proper external programs), MP3tag, and Windows Explorer, you can do it way better then iTunes ever could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back