Changing amp volume causes slight distortion
Dec 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Incrementum

Head-Fier
Is it normal for headphones to give off distortion when lowering / increasing my amp volume?  Other than that though there is no distortion.  Been curious about this for a while.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 6
Could be a pot that has some bad spots.  If it's a big bother to you warranty, try cleaning yourself, or replacing yourself are all options.  I've seen some pots act up a little if the mounting nut is tightened too much.  Just a thought.  GL with whatever you decide 
smile.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 6
I usually recommend turning off the amp, and spin the volume pot up/down real fast. Check if the problem still persists..otherwise some contact cleaner helps, worst case you have to replace it. 

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #6 of 6
I usually recommend turning off the amp, and spin the volume pot up/down real fast. Check if the problem still persists..otherwise some contact cleaner helps, worst case you have to replace it. 

Yeah I've actually done this before and I remember the problem going away. Did it again just last night and there was no more static when moving the volume knob. Weird....but oh well at least I know how to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back