Changes at Livewires
Dec 21, 2010 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

mylivewires

Member of the Trade: Livewires
[size=medium]We have made changes at Livewires.  This fall we moved all operations to Matrics, Inc. in Osseo, Minnesota. Matrics is a 25 year old company known for designing great products and delivering outstanding customer service.

The move has streamlined ordering and greatly improved customer service.  New orders are shipping in 10 to 14 days; repairs are shipping in 8 to 10 days. High quality cables are in stock and ready to ship.

Livewires Duals and Triples continue to be the best value in in-ear monitors. Please contact us if we can serve you.

Thank you for choosing Livewires!

Marc Musselman and the Livewires Team
[/size]

NEW 800 Number

Our new toll free number is 800-933-9899

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 21
Great to see you here Marc!

I've been busy, but I'm still planning to send my T1 duals in with new impressions for the refit we talked about before.  These Livewires beat anything else in their price range and I'd still like to be able to use them, but having gained 30 lbs just makes them too tight to be comfortable anymore.  It makes more sense for me to lose the weight, but with my lung disease I can't seem to manage that.

Cheers,

Larry

Dec 27, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 21
Hi Larry,

It's great to be here, I look forward to getting to know everyone and introduce them to the "New Livewires".  Please let me know when you are ready to ship them off, we are looking forward to getting your Livewires fitting great again.

Best regards,

Marc

Dec 29, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #5 of 21
I can speak to Marc's customer service and their ability t help folks who have gained/lost weight.  I have lost about 15 pounds and my Trips were not fitting right and I could not get the sound to work right (due to a bad fit)

Sent them to Marc and his team and about a week later I got them back and they were perfect and sounded better than ever before.

Kudos Marc!
Sproles

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:16 AM Post #6 of 21
Glad to read/hear this. Just ordered my Livewires and can confirm that till now the contact (via email) was quick and help full.

I will need to have some impressions made by a local audiologist, will do this the coming days and ship them right away.

To be continued........

Cheers,
Jos

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 21
I get my impressions done tomorrow morning and will be sending them off in the P.M..
Agree - Marc has been very responsive and helpful.

01-03-2011: Emailed with Marc, and LiveWires will customize my LiveWires with my email address (very short) in the builtin label.
01-04-2011: Impressions sent UPS 2day service
01-06-2011: Impressions delivered to Matrics at 12:39PM Within 2 hours, Amy had sent me an email notifying me they were there.
01-21-2011: My LiveWires have shipped! Did a little iPhone headset hacking to make an iPhone cable: http://bit.ly/fk37Rd
01-25-2011: LiveWires delivered just after 2:30PM. Time to hook them in.

The cable hack above works,but because of the low quality of the cables/solder joints I noticed a dropout from around 90 to 200Hz.
Marc has spoken to me and discussed my requirements around an iPhone cable. he has been incredibly helpful and with a little luck we will be able to buy cables early in 2011.

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #9 of 21
This is great news. I might send mine in to be re-fitted soon (I can't get a great seal in my left ear). Had been putting it off for fear of having my headphones disappear for months - would love to be proven wrong.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #10 of 21
I'm hoping someone here can help me...I ordered LiveWires yesterday morning.  I got a paypal receipt, but never anything directly from the company.  I emailed both the sales email (sales@mylivewires.com) as well as amy@matricsusa.com (the email address the paypal payment went to) immediately and got no response.

I know it's only been a day...but given all this talk of great customer service, I think a 1-day lag on emails regarding orders placed seems like enough.  The main thing is - I don't know how to proceed...I have an appointment to get my impressions made on Thursday...but I have no idea what to do with them at this point.

If anyone has any information - please let me know...there's talk of emailing Marc...not sure if anyone has his email (marc@matricsusa.com??)...

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #12 of 21
Just as a followup - I think something has gone wonky with my Paypal account that might have been at the heart of the issue.  I've since received emails from both Marc and Amy, and I had returned phone call from Amy yesterday during which she even gave me her cell phone # should I need to reach her.  That's above and beyond, as far as I'm concerned, but certainly appreciated it.

So - my order is in - my paypal e-check has cleared, and I'm scheduled to get my impressions made this afternoon.  So, I'm guessing based on the turnaround time I'm reading about and the time for my impressions to make it out to them I'll have them in about 3 weeks.  Can't wait.

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #13 of 21
Update..

it is not normal what happened to package with my impressions made and shipped on the 4th of January. This has nothing to do with Livewires, they don't even got my impressions.

As mentioned before I had them made and shipped on the 4th of January. I shipped them trackable with the Dutch postal.

This is what happened till now (start reading from the bottom):
Processed through Sort Facility, January 30, 2011, 1:03 am, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55413
Processed through Sort Facility, January 28, 2011, 3:03 am, BETHPAGE, NY 11714
Inbound Out of Customs, January 15, 2011, 11:15 am
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, January 15, 2011, 11:12 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, January 06, 2011, 8:49 pm, AMSTERDAM INTERNATIONAL MAIL CENT, NETHERLANDS
Foreign Acceptance, January 06, 2011, 8:49 pm, NETHERLANDS

I had to start an inquiry twice to find out where is was at that time. The quote for the shipment duration is 5 to 7 days! The parcel was lost twice, once for 9 days and the other time for 13 days.

I sure hope it will arrive soon at Livewires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back