Change of plan
May 4, 2010 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mato

100+ Head-Fier
Because this year I've been in a situation where I cannot use my hi-fi, I've spent the whole year researching headphones which are known to do well primarily with classical music (in the hope of buying some). As the academic year ends, I will shortly be re-united with my Quads, and so think It would be silly to spend a lot of money on headphones when I can listen to my classical music on my Quads some of the time and still enjoy it.

I don't have complete freedom though - I'll only be able to use them sometimes.

For other types of music I listen to however (mainly chart music) I will want to pump up the volume a bit so to speak - and so headphones still seem an imminent purchase, although this time I don't need to focus on choosing them based on their ability to cope with classical music (ones that do a decent job with classical music are still needed).

I was originally considering the likes of AKG K701/2, DT880, Senn HD600/650.

Not sure if closed would be a better option at this stage?

Should I even change the lineup considering the drop in headphone classical listening, probably from 85% to 50% at the most?

May 4, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 5
For classical I've read great things about the K701. For current music I'd steer toward the DT880's or HD650's as I've heard the K701's lack bass.

May 4, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 5
+1 for K702. They are fantastic for classical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back