Change from my RE0s
Sep 22, 2009 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RubberDucky451

New Head-Fier
Currently i own a pair of RE0 which i love but i want another set of IEMs that will go where my RE0s couldn't go. My price range is anywhere up to $100.

Thanks
atsmile.gif

(I'm also open to buying new buds for my RE0s if that will significantly change the sound)

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberDucky451 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently i own a pair of RE0 which i love but i want another set of IEMs that will go where my RE0s couldn't go. My price range is anywhere up to $100.

Thanks
atsmile.gif

(I'm also open to buying new buds for my RE0s if that will significantly change the sound)

What do you mean by this? Are you looking for a different sound signature - more bass perhaps - or are you looking for better sound quality? If you seek the former, then I would recommend giving Monster Turbines or Nuforce IEMs a try - they apparently have a different sound from RE0 with more bass punch. However, if you seek the latter, then you won't find any IEM that sounds technically better than RE0 below about $250. Shure SE530 at $250-$300 sounds technically better I think, but only if you also buy UM56 custom tips for it, which cost another $100 or more. With your budget, I would recommend just getting some custom tips for your RE0 to maximize fit and sound. Since the nozzle on the RE0 is the same size as that of UE Super.fi and Triple.fi series, I am pretty sure that ACS and some other companies could also do custom tips for RE0s.

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean by this? Are you looking for a different sound signature - more bass perhaps - or are you looking for better sound quality? If you seek the former, then I would recommend giving Monster Turbines or Nuforce IEMs a try - they apparently have a different sound from RE0 with more bass punch. However, if you seek the latter, then you won't find any IEM that sounds technically better than RE0 below about $250. Shure SE530 at $250-$300 sounds technically better I think, but only if you also buy UM56 custom tips for it, which cost another $100 or more. With your budget, I would recommend just getting some custom tips for your RE0 to maximize fit and sound. Since the nozzle on the RE0 is the same size as that of UE Super.fi and Triple.fi series, I am pretty sure that ACS and some other companies could also do custom tips for RE0s.

this sounds about right up until the prices, and the se530s and such.
I strongly recommend the fx500s if you can find them cheaply, and atrios as well. They have much of what the RE0 is missing. (but do everything it does well worse.)
personally didn't much care for the turbines.

Sep 23, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this sounds about right up until the prices, and the se530s and such.
I strongly recommend the fx500s if you can find them cheaply, and atrios as well. They have much of what the RE0 is missing. (but do everything it does well worse.)
personally didn't much care for the turbines.

And what is the RE0 missing? Also, if the Atrios and FX500s do everything else worse, then you can't say they have better sound quality. I did hear good things about FX500s though, so perhaps they could be a good alternative to RE0. But they cost more than $100 I think.

EDIT: I think Denon AH-C700, or whatever it is called nowadays, may be a good alternative to RE0 if the OP is looking for more warmth and punch in the low end and a bigger sound. You can get a pair for less than $100 these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back