Change battery on Cowon J3 or go with the NWZ-A17?
Oct 31, 2016 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

thekash

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So i've been using a combination of my iPod Classic (6th Gen) and the Cowon J3 along with a E18 for the past few years. My E18 started acting up so i'm just sending that in for repair its still under warranty but i recently picked up the Sony NWZ-A17 for about $230. I like the fact that it has APTx so i can use it with my P7 Wireless headphones when convent and then use wired when i want audio. The sound is almost the same i feel between the Cowon J3 and the A17. Clarity is little better and soundstage a little better but not sure if it would be work the $230 upgrade or just stick with the Cowon J3 for now and see if i can get a better discount on the X100 down the road. I'm looking to spend no more than $300is on a player and ideally would want it to have APTx so i could use the headphones as well with it directly. I also picked up the Avantree apts saturn pro adapters that have aptx as well but its just an added thing a messy portable setup. Wondering what your advice would be and if anyone has used both the cowon J3 and the A17 to chime in on if its worth the upgrade.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back