change background color
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #5 of 10
41kLk4h.jpg

Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit) incognito mode

See how the text doesn't look completely black? nor sharp, the discrepancy is greater on the replies vs views count

May 11, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 10
I checked with our lead designer and he says that the varying shades of gray font is a XenForo thing. The font choices are designed to draw attention to the most important details, so those text strings are black or even bolded. The stuff that's less critical when scrolling through the thread list is either light or dark grey to intentionally make them less obvious.

Originally I thought you were referring to the text in a thread, and didn't think about our fonts viewing a forum. Sorry for that.

Going back to the original post, we're still planning on implementing the dark theme after we complete our current in-development projects.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #7 of 10
I checked with our lead designer and he says that the varying shades of gray font is a XenForo thing. The font choices are designed to draw attention to the most important details, so those text strings are black or even bolded. The stuff that's less critical when scrolling through the thread list is either light or dark grey to intentionally make them less obvious.

Originally I thought you were referring to the text in a thread, and didn't think about our fonts viewing a forum. Sorry for that.

Going back to the original post, we're still planning on implementing the dark theme after we complete our current in-development projects.

Has dark theme been implemented yet, or is it on the current design road-map?

Jan 21, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #10 of 10
@GREQ, are you aware browser extensions can do that for you? Darkreader is quite the help on most websites. Unfortunately the schemes don't work great on HF.
Yup, I do use a few extensions, but all the dark themes I've tried are mediocre at best and just end up being more strenuous on the eyes.
A lot of them end up defaulting to very high contrast white text on black or make the UI very messy to look at.
At least head-fi's UI is mostly grey tones and not the common high contrast black and white on so much of the rest of the internet, so it's still not the worst user experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back