1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

change background color

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by Guppy_, May 7, 2018.
  1. Guppy_
    Is there anyway to change the background color to a more darker one?

Rhino73 and hifi808 like this.
  2. AxelCloris Administrator
    We have plans to release a dark theme for the site after we've completed implementing a few larger changes. Right now our development team is focused on a complete redesign of the For Sale forums as well as some considerable improvements to the Head Gear section.

Rhino73, armink and Slmes like this.
  3. Guppy_
    ah thanks, just this grey text on grey everything is slightly fatiguing

4. AxelCloris Administrator
    If you're seeing grey text, then there might be something modifying how your browser displays font colors. The site should be displaying black font. What browser and operating system are you using? I'll see if I can replicate it.

5. Guppy_
    [​IMG]

Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit) incognito mode

See how the text doesn't look completely black? nor sharp, the discrepancy is greater on the replies vs views count

6. AxelCloris Administrator
    I checked with our lead designer and he says that the varying shades of gray font is a XenForo thing. The font choices are designed to draw attention to the most important details, so those text strings are black or even bolded. The stuff that's less critical when scrolling through the thread list is either light or dark grey to intentionally make them less obvious.

Originally I thought you were referring to the text in a thread, and didn't think about our fonts viewing a forum. Sorry for that.

Going back to the original post, we're still planning on implementing the dark theme after we complete our current in-development projects.

Rhino73 likes this.