chance of hooking a sub up to this in the future?
Jun 10, 2011 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Xozz

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I've finally started to come to terms with headphone audio, but I am absolutely clueless as to go about setting up a speaker system. I have a good idea of the gear I want, but I just had a quick question. I am looking at a jolida amp http://www.jolida.com/product/hybrid/jd301rc# and was wondering if it would be possible to hook a sub up to it in the future. First of all, does it even have an output for one, and if so, would it provide sufficient power? See? I told you I know absolutely nothing. I know I'm asking outrageously broad questions when it comes to asking if it could power a sub, but I guess the more important thing is if I can even hook one up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 12, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 4
If your sub has line level inputs you can connect it up using the speaker outputs.

If not you can buy adapters to change from line level to rca so either way you will be able to find a way to hook it up if your amp is active (has its own power amp).

If the sub is passive (needs power amplification) this amp won't have the power and is unsuitable.

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Your amplifier has no Sub Line Out or preamp Line Outs, so connecting this to a sub with Line In , Sub or stereo Line In, is not possible.
If you find an active sub with high level signal input connectors, you can connect from your amplifier speaker outs to the sub, and from there to your speakers.
These kinds of subs are common these day!

This is correct...that Jolida integrated amp has no preamp outputs so one would have to use a sub that has the high level speaker (wire) inputs on it with a second set of high level speaker outputs on the sub plate amp.Obviously you need a second set of speakers cables for this application. Here is a link to a pic http://www.rythmikaudio.com/images/A300SE.jpg

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back