champagne-post the one you like!!
Sep 7, 2004 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

zcx

100+ Head-Fier
What kind of champagne do you llike?
Pics come with the post will be appreciated.
orphsmile.gif

Sep 7, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 19
On the cheap and affordable side it would be Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante, on the highend and expensive side it would be Louis Roederer Cristal or Cristal Rose.

Sep 7, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuman
verve cliquet

however you spell it, orange lable, you know the one....

It's Veuve Clicquot
wink.gif

I love good wine, but I'm not too big on champagne. If you are going to go with a nice bottle you can't go wrong with this one. In my opinion, the really high price vintage champagnes aren't that much better. The Vueve Clicquot yellow label is around $45 a bottle.

Added: website link: http://www.veuve-clicquot.com/en/the...e=yellow_label

Sep 7, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 19
Last February, I went to Vancouver and my friend chose me a Canadian Ice wine. I forgot the brand's but it is pretty good. Any Canadian have suggestion for ice wine to pick the next time I'll go to?

Sep 7, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 19
I've tried a couple of different ice wines and they were both good.....in a sweet liquor sort of way. Unfortunately, I don't remember the names. When in doubt, go by price. It's not foolproof, but often a good indication as to quality and taste.

Sep 7, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #10 of 19
Anything from the niagara region is good for canadian icewine. Most summers we get long hot humid weather (great for the grapes) and then a quick snap of cold that will be good for the icewine. I wouldn't get any of the two or three most recent vintages though, the weather wasn't that great in the growing season (but anything around 2001 would be good.)

Pelee island winery makes a respectable icewine, and they're gaining status so you may be able to find them outside the region (they're cheap, which is why I would recommend them).

As for champagne, my best friend just helped me move my sister to a new house and he gave her a magnum of 1985 Dom Perignon as a housewarming gift. It was quite nice.

Sep 9, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #13 of 19
I do not care too much for the taste of Champagne. If I had to choose I like something milder like Korbel Natural Brut. I tried Dom a couple of times and really did not care for it.

Sep 9, 2004 at 4:21 AM Post #14 of 19
Veuve Clicquot Demi-Sec...it's the white (as opposed to the Brut orange) labelled bottle. Very nice...

Sep 9, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #15 of 19
Krug Clos Du Mesnil - not that I can personally afford it!

Bollinger RD

Jacques Selosse Blanc De Blanc

Charles Heidsick "Charlie" and Brut De Millenaires

domestic bubbly -

Domaine Chandon Brut Reserve

Iron Horse Russian Cuvee (excepting the problematic 99 vintage)

Domaine Chandon Etoile Rose

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back