Chambers Vs. Soul Vs. Beats
Nov 24, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 7
You should also consider the Crunkers by Lil Jon...really fabulous headphones.
L3000.gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 7
can any one provide solid information about the 3 headphones i listed in my previous post

oh yah i tried checking out the crunkers by lil jon but all i got were crookers which looked kinda weird

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #4 of 7
you might want to check tyll's review on artist headphone.. search for innerfidelity in youtube, or www.innerfidelity..com,

he is doing a series of review on those kinds of headphone

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 7
I bought the Chambers by RZA Premium at CES 2012. So this is what I think after about 50 hours of use.

The are black matte, which is great since I don't like the glossy finish. They seems to be durable, the don't feel cheap at all, but are very sensitive to the touch if you are listening to music, and the cables moves, you you will listen to it. It's not a deal breaker, but something to improve in a future revision.

The sound has a V shape form, the bass is powerful but not overwhelming and is detailed; and the highs are crystal clear. The sound is superior to the Beats by Dr Dre, that's for sure. During the first couple of hours the music appears to be compressed, like the sound of a club or disco, now is much better. Still, the separation of the instruments is something you don`t expect in set of cans branded by a hip-hop super star, so I must say that I I'm impressed because it is very easy to find the instruments with this chambers. So far, I thing they are best for hip-hop, electro and pop music, but I listen to a lot of rock and they behave very good. They have noise cancelation, that I think is average, Bose or Audiotehcnica are much better for noise cancelation. WeSC says that the design is very comfortable, I disagree since after an hour or so, they begin to feel uncomfortable at the top of the head.

The premium model is selling for 270 to 290 USD, wich put them in the same league of Beats and the Ludacris Soul. I paid much less for them, otherwise I should haven't bought it.

Finally, I must say that this cans sound very good (the best sound in a hip-hop branded headphone so far), but for that price, you can find something better. They look cool, so If you care about how you look this Chambers by RZA are a must buy.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 7
I'd ask about SMS Audio (Street by 50) also, but reading these harsh words from a non-audiophile site (http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/celebrity-headphone-deathmatch-sms-50) I think I'll refrain. I just think artist headphones by definition are going to be overpriced because that's just the nature of the concept: add celebrity, increase price. ._.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back