Challenges at this time
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gleanfont

100+ Head-Fier
How is your first quarter of 2021? I hope is better than that of 2020.

Are there challenges that you are facing at the moment aside from the pandemic concerns? I am having difficulties with my kid's homeschooling - I am a bit stressed with it. And still in the period of adjustment. ;(

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 8
Kids are terrible. I can’t stand them. But the good news is that they will grow up and usually (in most cases) become wonderful people and they will take care of you and you will become a child again.

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 8

Are there challenges that you are facing at the moment aside from the pandemic concerns? I am having difficulties with my kid's homeschooling - I am a bit stressed with it. And still in the period of adjustment. ;(
I have been doing home health physical therapy throughout the pandemic. A lot of the nurses who work at my agencies are older, and when this first started, myself and one of the other therapists were talking and we thought it very unlikely we would all make it through the year. Well, a year later and we all made it.

I can only imagine how tough homeschooling thing must be. I used to work with special ed kids. I can't imagine what some of them are going through.

I have been feeling a little ground down at work. it's been a super challenging year. There is hope on the horizon, though. It is spring anyway.

Hey I used to live in Maryland. Where in MD are you?

Apr 12, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #4 of 8
Indeed, very challenging. You have to allocate your time doing household chores, working and teaching the kids of the lessons you have forgotten. It feels like I'm the one who is studying and the kids where the ones teaching me :smile: By the way @blackgreen15 I'm looking for an inspiration nowadays to uplift my spirit. Maybe you can also try it, I'm engaging myself in Basic Yoga moves, but ask first your physical therapist if its recommended to you.

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 8

Oh thats a big YES! it is indeed a difficulty. Our fam is just new to homeschooling. It is a whole new adjustment at the same time working. I am reading in advance on whatever the lessons would be to easily teach or facilitate my daughter. And she asks TONS of questions. Sometimes I got irritated by it that I become irrate. We are still managing things on how to cope up with everything. But honestly, we are a bit far behind the lessons. ;(

Apr 19, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 8
With Covid going on and all other stressful things in life, I am really really exhausted. Damn! Sometimes I want to end everything and be gone...But I am thinking about my kid that's why I am trying to hold on. ;(

A good and concerned neighbor told me to see a counselor in order to help me out. I am browsing and searching online. Have you tried talking to one? How helpful is it?

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 8
^things will get better. Maybe your boyfriend can try natural medicine. Also traveling will return fully. I just got on an airplane a few weeks ago.

Jul 7, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #8 of 8
With Covid going on and all other stressful things in life, I am really really exhausted. Damn! Sometimes I want to end everything and be gone...But I am thinking about my kid that's why I am trying to hold on. ;(

A good and concerned neighbor told me to see a counselor in order to help me out. I am browsing and searching online. Have you tried talking to one? How helpful is it?
I hope you're doing okay and feeling better now that COVID is kinda sorta hopefully ending. Please don't hurt yourself! You won't help anybody by doing that!

Yes, I've had a therapist on and off for nearly twenty years (Yeesh. That long? I feel old). It can be really great, but it can also be unhelpful and (at worst) potentially damaging. It depends on your needs and attitude about therapy as much as it depends on the therapist him/herself. I've been getting a lot out of my sessions with the guy I've been seeing for the last three years.

I think the key (for me) to success in therapy is 1) having something like a goal, something I want to achieve, even if it's vague like "be happier;" 2) being able and willing to be honest with myself and my therapist. Sometimes you want to just hide behind the easy crap, the stuff you think is the "right" thing to say to a therapist, but that's not going to get you anywhere; 3) being willing and able to ask myself questions so that I can move past the easy answers. Journaling helps a lot with all of this.

I found my last two therapists through the therapist finder on psychologytoday.com. Health insurance websites usually have a similar tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back