Challenger Update
Dec 4, 2004 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vienna

Head-Fier
Well, I ordred those cheap custom IEMs to compare to my UE10 pros and my senssa (which are being delivered next week).

Not bad for the cost. The challengers came with a kit so you can put goo in your ear like the audiologist. I went to the audiologist scard of putting cotton my my era and not being to take it out.

Anyhow, got them back in a purple. The first difference is the cord. Definately not as nice as the UEs. But they seem of a material like the Shure E2cs, which is thicker. Not bad

Sound wise, they are very cose to Etys with more bass. Not bad. Does not have quite the etension as the Etys 4S, but still not bad for the cost consdering they are IEMS. Bass was nice and tight, which I had expected with IEMs. So overal for hte price, these blow away the Shure E5s.

Dec 4, 2004 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 6
I've been waiting for this review!!!!! I'm so curious how these sounds in my ears, almost ER-4 with bass!!!!!!!
Did you get the M series? Because there is also the PRO 1000 for $279.95
smily_headphones1.gif
made for musicians.

Regards
Raptor

Dec 6, 2004 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 6
vienna, can you please get in touch with me?

Ash

Dec 6, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 6
I had a pair of these about 3 years ago. There was no strain relief on the cord where it left the mold. So over about a year the wires work hardened and failed. I hope they've fixed this issue. Sound is only good at higher (damaging) volumes.

Dec 6, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 6
Looks like the newer ones addressed this issue since it has a small ubbrer thing on it. Sound wise, not bad. Like I said, about the same as the ER4s, but with some more bass. Not a UE10 pro by any means, but for the cost its not bad. A daily beater LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back